Health and Safety
At Antero, our unwavering commitment to health, safety, security, and environmental preservation (HSSE) places people and communities at the forefront of our operations. To this end, we maintain a relentless focus on our HSSE performance and set an ambitious target of Zero incidents, Zero harm, and Zero compromise.
Safety as a Top Priority
To effectively manage health and safety risks, we employ the Antero Safety Management System (SMS). This system draws significant influence from the Occupational Health and Safety Assessment and ISO 45001, ensuring alignment with established standards. By implementing the SMS, we enhance the visibility of potential risks and empower decision-making processes to prioritize safety.
Our Culture Reflected Through Safety
Our safety initiatives reinforce our culture of HSSE excellence throughout the company and positively influence our contractor community. Through these well-developed and thoughtful processes, we:
- Conduct our business in compliance with applicable HSSE laws, rules, and regulations
- Expect every employee and contractor to share our values and commitment to Zero incidents, Zero harm and Zero compromise
- Proactively work and operate to protect our people, the community, the environment, and our assets
- Empower employees to speak up about safety, security, and environmental concerns, and take responsibility for their actions through our Stop Work Authority program
- Sponsor emergency preparedness programs and conduct regular contractor audits to assess our performance
- Implement and monitor continual improvement workflows necessary to create quantifiable, resilient HSSE programs
- Invest in HSSE training and coaching, promoting risk assessments and encouraging HSSE leadership
With determined goals, strategic programs and accountability across the organization, our safety performance is consistently strong. Nonetheless, we continuously drive our employees and contractors to hit our goal of “zero."