- Generally our support will not exceed three consecutive years. Exceptions may be made in certain cases, where we perceive the charitable organization is making a significant difference and/or in the case of multi-year grants for specified projects.
Who We Support
- We make contributions solely to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, or state or local governmental organizations formed exclusively for charitable purposes.
- Programs and projects which benefit the areas and communities where Antero operates and where employees work and live, currently West Virginia and Ohio.
- Organizations which focus on:
- Community Development
- Health and Human Services
- Arts and Culture
Who we do NOT Support
- Organizations without 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- Foreign organizations
- Other private foundations
- Fraternal, political, lobbying or labor organizations
- Religious organizations, with certain exceptions
- Projects or programs not located in areas where Antero operates, generally in West Virginia and Ohio
- Organizations that discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, creed, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation or national origin
- Golf tournaments or beauty pageants
- Organizations whose mission and activities conflict with those of Antero and the Foundation
The Antero Foundation supports a wide range of charitable programs, thus most grants are in the $1,000 to $15,000 range. Higher amounts may be awarded when a program aligns exceptionally with our giving priorities.