Stewardship of the environment is a fundamental value in our overall business strategy. We strive to:
- Proactively manage environmental risks and hazards, and achieve or exceed regulatory compliance to protect and respect the communities and resources where we operate
- Minimize our impacts on the environment and natural resources
- Improve overall performance by utilizing a plan-do-check-act model, core to our environmental management system
- Actively work with the regulatory community, industry trade associations, and the localities where we operate, to achieve beneficial environmental outcomes
- Antero’s Environmental Management System (EMS), influenced by the ISO 14001:2015 standard, establishes requirements for managing environmental risks and compliance requirements. Antero’s management fully supports the EMS, which applies to all employees and contractors working for, or on behalf of, Antero. The EMS is a constantly evolving tool for Antero.
- As part of the plan-do-check-act process, we focused our improvements to the EMS by measuring overall environmental performance and providing weekly updates to management on environmental and regulatory targets, established by Antero’s senior management. Environmental and regulatory metrics and targets including greenhouse gas metrics are part of our EMS.