Antero has over 425,000 net acres of leasehold located in northern West Virginia and southwestern Pennsylvania, all in the southwestern core of the Marcellus Shale Play.
- Operating 6 drilling rigs in West Virginia.
- Production in the Marcellus Shale has averaged 1,232 MMcfe per day in the first quarter of 2016. The net daily production figure includes approximately 46,900 Bbls per day of NGLs and oil.
- Antero has drilled and completed 452 horizontal Marcellus Shale wells, all of which are on line.
- Antero is constructing its own gathering facilities in Doddridge, Tyler and Ritchie Counties, WV to connect its wells to compression facilities and processing.
- Antero is currently processing over 900 MMcf per day of rich gas production from the Marcellus Shale through MarkWest’s 1,200 MMcf per day Sherwood plant complex.
- Markwest is constructing a seventh 200 MMcf per day plant, Sherwood 7, which is expected to go in service in the second quarter of 2016.