Antero has over 373,000 net acres of leasehold located in northern West Virginia and southwestern Pennsylvania, all in the southwestern core of the Marcellus Shale Play.
- Operating 15 drilling rigs in West Virginia.
- Production in the Marcellus Shale has averaged 770 MMcfe per day in the second quarter of 2014. The net daily production figure includes approximately 12,600 Bbls per day of NGLs and oil.
- Antero has drilled and completed 295 horizontal Marcellus Shale wells, all of which are on line.
- Antero is constructing its own gathering facilities in Doddridge, Tyler and Ritchie Counties, WV to connect its wells to compression facilities and processing.
- Antero is currently processing over 600 MMcf per day of rich gas production from the Marcellus Shale through MarkWest’s 600 MMcf per day Sherwood plant complex.
- Markwest is constructing a fourth 200 MMcf per day plant, Sherwood 4, which is expected to go in service in the third quarter of 2014, a fifth 200 MMcf per day plant, Sherwood 5, which is expected to go in service in the fourth quarter of 2014, a sixth 200 MMcf per day plant, Sherwood 6, which is expected to go in service in the second quarter of 2015 and a seventh 200 MMcf per day plant, Sherwood 7, which is expected to go in service in the third quarter of 2015.