Antero Resources was formed in 2002 by Paul M. Rady and Glen Warren following their success with Pennaco Energy.
Outstanding E&P Track Record
Antero Resources Barnett Shale Business (Private Company)
- Built from new venture in 2002 into 2nd largest producer in the play.
- Drilled over 250 Barnett Shale wells including 80 horizontal wells, and generated gross operated production of 150 MMcf per day in 2005.
- Sold Barnett Shale business to XTO Energy in April 2005.
Pennaco Energy (AMEX: PN)
- Built from new venture in 1998 into highly successful Powder River
Basin coal bed methane (CBM) producer.
- Drilled over 1,400 CBM wells with gross operated production over 95
MMcf per day.
- Pennaco was the best performing E&P stock in the U.S. during its two
years as a public company.
- Sold to Marathon Oil in February 2001.